Monday 7 January 2013

Start the year with a rock god


So, here we are, back in January... back to school, back to routines. We went away to visit friends and family in England for the second part of the festive break and did lots of sociable stuff. We went to the panto at the famous Leeds City Varieties theatre (best panto ever... no idiots off the TV just a really hardworking cast of actors/musicians/singers working their butts off to make a great show... online info for the venue's programme is here). As well as that I watched nephew play football... we went to a New Year's Eve party (don't do that much these days!)... we celebrated birthdays with various young folk of our acquaintance... and we went to the movies ("Pitch Perfect"... entertaining but forgettable... has caused a playing-the-cups craze started by these women).

And then we came home again... and lately every time I hear a song I like on the radio it's more often than not by the man at the top of the post here (OK, I don't listen to a lot of current-pop radio...). Jimi Hendrix... was there ever a more beautiful man in rock? In any music? He could play too. Not a bad way to start the year...



7 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

We all need a good way to start the New Year Rachel - and your way is as good as any I know.

The Solitary Walker said...

Jimi H, God rest his soul, there'll never be his like again. Unique, with an original and unrepeatable talent. Every time I hear him I get shivers all down my spine. Yes, he's beautiful.

The Solitary Walker said...

PS Loved your poem in the previous post, btw.

Rachel Fox said...

Thanks re the poem. It's an oldie.

x

Eryl said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time, jolly good to hear about it.

Niamh B said...

I thought that was Phil Lynott till I got to the end of your post. Love the cup players, if the internet was out when I was young I coulda done that!

Rachel Fox said...

You still could, Niamh...

And extra detention at school of rock for you for mixing up your rock gods!!

x