Friday 24 February 2017

Splash





Splash

It came to me like a dream, you see,
There I was - drunk as a sailor,
A sailor who's lost a ship perhaps,
And then it was suddenly slap-bang in front me,
Right sharp where I could see it,
Staring at me, in my face.

I saw you, me and all that laughing,
A lot of blood, a splash of time,
A little your place or mine,
And it was a mess alright, one hell of a mess,
Some folks would tidy up,
But that's not me.

No, love be damned – I'll let it lie,
The full graffiti of our lives,
I'll leave it red, raw as it is,
Stripped back with gusto to see the glory,
For we had everything, amongst our troubles,
We had the best times, the brightest highs.




RF 2010


Busy with this and (very much) that just now so here is an old poem that hasn't been out and about much.  And a photo from summer 2013 too.

2 comments:

The Bug said...

Love this... the graffiti of our lives - excellent!

Rachel Fox said...

Thanks Bug. It is a messy business (love and life).
x