Thursday 19 September 2019

Differences





Napoleon and me

You walked so fast.
It was more of a march.
A whole lot of cannons
To inspect by teatime.

Quel odd city break
For an offbeat couple –
Private angry young man,
Smart barrel of a brat.

Half-brother, half-leader,
I tried to decipher.
But what you’ve never felt
Is a story, no more.

Our family was a bag
Of broken biscuits,
Though all cookies crumble,
Eventually.

We are nothing now.
No trace of relation.
You’re a souvenir ghost,
An empty shell.




RF 2018


No poems from me recently, in fact even this one has been around for a while, just never made it out into the world (apart from a reading in Glasgow last year). I can't say much about it. I hope it is of interest to someone.

Tomorrow I plan to join the Climate Strike protest here in Dundee. Let there be change!


3 comments:

The Bug said...

I love this poem - the cannon inspection, broken biscuits, souvenir ghost - most excellent.

I've seen your pictures from the protest - so glad you went!

Rachel Fox said...

Thanks Dana. Your support is always appreciated!
x

THE ONLY TRUE HACKER IN THE WORLD ® said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.