Monday 15 May 2017

New book - now available




Today is the official release date of my new collection of poems ‘Turn’. You can now buy it from my (new, improved) website and a few local stockists (current ones listed on the site with more to come). This collection is what poets tend to call a ‘pamphlet’ (a softer-backed, slimmer version of a book) but this seems to confuse non-poets of my acquaintance who look at me like I’m daft and say it’s a ‘booklet’ or just a book (and what am I going on about). I suppose (being more Scottish by the day) I think of it as my ‘wee book’ (as opposed to the last one which was my ‘first book’). This one is quite different to the last one (I think) but I won't say any more than that because commenting on your own work is... difficult (and I said enough about that in the last post). 

And now for some thanks:

Mark Stephenson – for his help throughout, for endless margin tweaking and website rebuilding and constant support and patience.

Steph Masterson – for use of her fantastic artwork ‘Arbor’ for the front cover of Turn’ . Steph’s art career has been hampered greatly by long-term illness but for me she always has just the right image (her work ‘Soundwave’ was on the cover of my first book). Huge thanks Steph!

Early readers – you know who you are… people who said ‘put this in’, ‘why is this here?’ and ‘you are mixing primes with typographer’s quotes for apostrophes and quote marks’. I really appreciate all your time and thoughts and efforts.

Big SkyPrint – for being so professional and helpful and efficient. 


So please feel free to order your copy (or copies) now (see ‘Books’ page). As you will see there is a ‘Reviews’ page on the new-look site – at present it is just reviews of my previous book so it would be great to have some comments about ‘Turn’ (from print or online) to add to it at some point. Anyone who wants a review copy please contact me here or via the site – I’m not sending out many review/promo copies on spec (not in the budget) but I am open to interesting offers.


Many thanks also to regular readers for all your support and encouragement and thanks to any passers-by for reading.

6 comments:

The Bug said...

I just ordered a copy!

Rachel Fox said...

UK sales have been moving along quite nicely, I'm pleased to say but you are my first international order Dana Bug so you may get some kind of special prize with your order...

Thanks!

Niamh B said...

very cool name and cover, I will place my order when sun cream weilding 3 year old on my lap goes to bed, so that may in fact be in about 15 years time, but I'm looking forward to getting my hands on it!!

Rachel Fox said...

Maybe I should get you a special every-page-laminated copy...
"I've always wanted to be laminated..." (Royle Family).

Niamh said...

Finally - order placed, hope lamination doesn't cost extra, didn't see the option at the checkout!!!!!! :-)

Rachel Fox said...

On its way to you now... hope you like it. Thanks for ordering.
x