Friday 23 June 2017

Late bird, no worms...



So, I've been writing lots of little poems again lately. I used to write them years ago but haven't come up with any for a while. The current output started a couple of posts ago after our general election and it hasn't stopped since. I wrote a 4 line poem about the local result in the election and then one about Grenfell Tower, then Nigel Farage, Boris Johnson, the Queen, Theresa May, the Daily Mail... I just don't seem able to stop! Because they are all so short I thought maybe they might be suited for Twitter. I've just never fancied using it myself up till now but I thought I'd give it a go for this. You can find my bit of Twitter here. It's an experiment really and I am learning all the time. Today I learned that I should move the cursor before I snip the text (see above Boris Johnson poem). For those of you elsewhere he is sort of a politician, sort of a very bad, unfunny joke. It doesn't need to just be my poems either - I will tweet/retweet other people's 4 line poems too... if I like them. Have a go... if you're not on Twitter you can put them in a comment on here or on facebook or whatever. They don't have to rhyme (I even wrote one about that... it's on the profile).

Anyway, I don't know how long these little poems will continue but for now I'm over there a bit... over with the non-stop, 24 hour news people. 

7 comments:

Marion McCready said...

love this one, made me laugh :) x

hope said...

I love how you can sum up situations in so few words....so graphically. :)

The Bug said...

Sounds like a good description from what little I know about him :)

Man, I just got involved in The Instagram & now I need to explore The Twitter? I do have an acccount - I think I've done 2 tweets. Ha! I shall go check you out.

Rachel Fox said...

Thanks you 3. I don't know how long I'll keep coming up with these little poems... nothing over the weekend but I was a bit busy with other things. Who knows?
x

Niamh B said...

Have been seeing these on facebook from you and have enjoyed every one, well - enjoyed is probably the wrong word for the Grenfell one, but you get what I mean. I think they're great, might take you up on that challenge!

Rachel Fox said...

Please do - and let me know what name you want under the poem too. I have just been putting my initials, but that's just because I have no desire to see my name over and over again on there. It's not a secret or anything.
x

UplayOnline said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.