Tuesday 15 November 2022

Strictly Family - Advance Warning


 Photo: Our daughter's collection of Strictly Come Dancing annuals. She's not messing about.


Readers, consider this your warning: I am currently working on a series of posts about a TV show and that show is Strictly Come Dancing. It’s not a show I chose to watch in the beginning (2004!). Back then it was my Mum’s choice, my daughter’s choice, but I have been watching it for 18 years now so, like it or not, it has been a huge feature of my life (Oct-Dec every year anyway). In the UK they are up to series 20 and I have watched all but one of those series (and a bit of other countries’ series here and there). I know there’s a lot of other things going on right now (some of them really important) and that this is some more fiddling while we burn ... and yet, I’m still writing the posts (currently up to 2011). Like that character in The Red Shoes, I can’t seem to help myself

Also, because I am evidently now addicted to the post-something-every-day format that I have picked up from being involved in the Fun A Day Dundee project for the past few years (and because there is no Fun A Day Dundee project this coming January), I will be posting a piece a day for 21 days. Each post will be about a series of Strictly with info about the show, the time period when each show took place and also some memories of what the family and I were up to at the time (I keep a diary, without it I’m nothing). I hope some of you will enjoy the posts and I know others will avoid them like the plague. Whatever, it’ll all be here, starting on Sunday 27 November and with the last post on the day of this year’s Strictly final, Saturday 17 December. It’s madness (see last post) but you might like it. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You missed a series? *shakes head emoji*

Rachel Fox said...

Do I know you anonymous? A name would be nice.

Yes, it's true, I didn't watch series 1 of Strictly in 2004 but in the first post later this month that will all be explained. I did see a series of the US version in 2011 though (as well as the Strictly series later that same year) - does that make up for it?