Sunday 12 March 2023

January poem (in March)

 

Room with a view, Musselburgh, Jan 2023


Messaging myself in Musselburgh 


 

Sat 8.11 AM

 

A three-legged dog, 

Quick changing light, 

More blue, more dogs, 

The edge of sight.

 

Enter


Cold air pulls taut,

Tarpaulined boats, 

Folk wrapped up

In scarves and coats.

 

You sent

“Try to stop rhyming

All the timing”

 

Sat 3.51 PM

 

Slow walking day,

Shells stacked knee high,

Glass just saying hush 

To a bleating sky.

 

Enter





RF 2023




We’ve spent a bit of time in Musselburgh in East Lothian in recent months. The views aren’t so different to here but they are still different enough. We were there in January and somehow I went without a notebook (ridiculous – the house is full of them!) so when I had some poetry-type thoughts I had to just send them to myself on the phone. They’ve had a tweak or two since then.


Earlier the same day

No comments: